Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Internet Scavenger Hunt

On Monday NOV. 1st we had to conduct a internet scavenger hunt where Mr. Fry gave us a list of 19 items we had to find on-line and send him the URL's to the info. we found.

I don't remember all of the items we had to find but some of the things we had to find were his middle sisters married name, information about us on-line  other than facebook and itinerary for 3 adults and 3 kids to Disney in Hawaii.

My group of three split up the questions and one person had 4 questions to look up while the rest where split up between me and the other person.

I didn't have too much of a struggle to find the information on the questions I had to look up. One of the questions was two different definitions of the term sock-puppet. I just went to google and found the answer. Actually I went to google for all the questions I had to look up and from what I remember all of the answers showed up.

We completed the task at hand but it took us roughly an hour and a half I believe. I personally wasn't worried about finishing first since either way we would get extra points. Overall the task was neat and fun! Would I want to do it again...maybe....maybe not......

The point Mr. Fry was getting across to us was how easy it is for people to find information about you on the internet and no one is safe in the virtual world. It makes one think for a moment plus realize how much times have changed and one can no longer hide when it comes to the world of internet. That is a scary, scary thought when it comes right down to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment