Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Presentation

For my presentation I decided to look into Google Glasses because they interested me and I figured since this is a class about the virtual world it was fitting.

At first it was kind of hard for me to find information on the topic because it wasn't that big of a boom or market for the Glasses as well as when they first launched anything about them it was under the term Project Glass. Even though the world wide web can be great at finding information but at times it can be hard to find stuff if one is not using key words,

I liked the information I did end up finding which was when they first mentioned to the public they were launching the Project Glass April 2012 and then they changed their name to Google Glass a year later roughly. I thought that I seen something about this awhile ago or a few years ago but it didn't seem like anything happened with it. Come to find out they were not available to the public right away and only for people who attended the Google I/O Conferences. Also another thing is that they are expensive costing $1,500 bucks for one pair. The overall concept seems cool; however, I don't know how cool it would actually be to have stuff in front of you like that all the time or that close to your eyes since who knows if that is good for the eye sight. I would like it for the aspect of being able to take pictures like BAM- since I am sure we have all said at one point "If I only had my camera for that" or how many cool/funny things we have missed because we were not quick enough to get our phones/cameras out.

Google Glass has died down as of now but they say they are still working on them and trying to get all the bugs out and all but it is kind of on the back burner for now. I feel like they were a product before their time since I could see this being a big thing in the future (10, 20 years down the road). Just like when the world wide web came about not many people used it or where interested in it but look at us now in 2015 and majority of people go on the web for all different types of stuff. Also I feel like they would have to drop the price as well in order to give everyone the opportunity to be able to purchase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment